Für Android stehen u.a. die folgenden Apps zur verfügung:
Conversations (Instant Messenger)
Conversations is an open source XMPP (formerly known as Jabber) client for Android 4.0+ smart phones.
* End-to-end encryption with either OTR or openPGP
* Sending and receiving images
* Holo UI
* Syncs with your desktop client
* Group Chats
* Address book integration
* Multiple Accounts / unified inbox
Conversations works with every XMPP server out there. However XMPP is an extensible protocol. These extensions are standardized as well in so called XEP’s. Conversations supports a couple of those to make the overall userexperience better. There is a chance that your current XMPP server does not support these extensions. Therefore to get the most out of Conversations you should consider either switching to an XMPP server that does or – even better – run your own XMPP server for you and your friends. These XEPs are – as of now:
- XEP-0065: SOCKS5 Bytestreams – or rather mod_proxy65. Will be used to tranfer files if both parties are behind a firewall (NAT).
- XEP-0138: Stream Compression saves bandwith
- XEP-0198: Stream Management allows XMPP to surive small network outages and changes of the underlying TCP connection.
- XEP-0280: Message Carbons which automatically syncs the messages you send to your desktop client and thus allows you to switch seamlessly from your mobile client to your desktop client and back within one conversation.
- XEP-0237: Roster Versioning mainly to save bandwith on poor mobile connections